Monday, March 18, 2013

Ojon Damage Reverse Shampoo & Conditioner - Review




Ojon have been thee talked about hair products of last year. That's why this review had been a long time coming. I've now been using the Ojon Damage Reverse Shampoo & Conditioner for over 6 months, ever since I got a couple of the full sized bottles from John Lewis during a promotion they were running. 

The main ingredient of Ojon haircare is Ojon Oil. This is a palm nut oil that's extracted from the Ojon palm trees in Central America. The Oil is said to have essential lipids that can help regenerate and restore damaged hair. 


For reference purposes my hair is very fine, extremely dry and damaged from excess heat styling. So this shampoo and conditioner set were completely up my street. However just so we can put some myths to bed, I don't believe that you can reverse damage hair. You can certainly prevent it from happening, or if it’s damaged already, it can be disguised using silicone-y products that coat the hair shaft. So having that knowledge base, I began using these products fully informed. 

Here's what I thought...  

SHAMPOO
On top of the Ojon Oil, the shampoo also contains; Passiflora Oil, Murumuru Butter and Wheat Protein (all good things)

The first thing I noticed was the slightly runny consistency (not like previous shampoos I'd used). It also has a very striking earthy, nutty smell but in a unisex way. So men can use it too, much to my dismay (now I have to share with my husband). It lathers up relatively okay and leaves the hair clean without stripping it or making it squeaky clean. It also doesn't weigh it down which you'd think it would do with all the oils and butters it contained. 


CONDITIONER 
On the other hand the conditioner is extremely thick and creamy as it contains Buriti oil on top of the Ojon Oil, Murumuru Butter and Wheat Protein found in the shampoo. However it spreads easily and feels like a luxurious treatment for the hair. It's also worth noting, I don't need a mask after I use this conditioner and I also find myself reaching less for my Moroccan Oil. 

The only downside to theses products is the packaging. I'm not a fan of it. It can become quite hard to get all the product out towards the end, so you end up having to cut up the bottle and decanting it. 

RESULT:
I love these products and I can't get enough of them. Combined they make my very fine, dry and damaged hair fluffy and soft again. 

Will I buy them again? Maybe. I won't rush out to repurchase them, but I will consider it further down the line. The good thing about Ojon is, they're always holding offers on they're main website. So if an offer does come along that I can't refuse (so to speak) I might just purchase them. 

So... The question is do YOU need this?

Well, if you have dry damaged hair and want to splurge then its a definite YES! You will see results. However you have to bare in mind, results are cumulative so it won't work miracles from first application. If however your on a budget like me (most of the time) then something like Herbal Essences conditioner for dry damaged hair will give the same result. 

FACTS ABOUT OJON

They're products are formulated without; Parabens, Phthalates, Propylene Glycol, Mineral Oil. PABA, Petrolatum, Paraffin, DEA, Synthetic Colour and Animal Ingredients. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...