Sunday, August 18, 2013

Origins Checks & Balances Face Wash - Review





Origin's Checks and Balances: £8.00 - £18.00 (depending on the ml) 

I've been wanting to buy Origin's Checks and Balances for the longest time, I love Origins as a brand, and I know my skin get on really well with their products, but I just couldn't justify buying it. I have way too many cleansers at the moment that are half used and I knew if I went ahead and made the purchase it would become yet another cleanser on rotation. 

However... and there is always a ‘however’ after I got a little 2 day sample from one of their counters to really test it out in the comfort of my own home and I mean really test it out, because y’all know I can make a 2 day sample stretch out to a 4 day sample, I was finally swayed and bought it. The travel sized one may I add not the full sized one, so there, that was my justification!

Now I know that there’s already a plethora of reviews on this cleanser both praising it and condemning it, so I don’t know if another review is gonna make a huge affect either way, however I thought I might as well add my two cents in, if anything but to at gather my own thoughts on it and come to a conclusive result for myself.

Anyway, never-mind my long winded intro, onwards with the actual review.


First up I have to say this milky white cleanser has a delightful minty fresh scent to it, which has a really calming effect on me. It does froth up like nothing I’ve ever experienced which is not necessarily a good thing for any skin type whether oily or dry but sometimes thats exactly what I crave. However I did know that going in, as it says so clearly on the packaging so I just make sure to follow it up immediately with a GOOD moisturiser. 

Now its important to mention that I have dry and dehydrated skin so I make sure I have a working/rotating skincare regiment to look after my skin, meaning that since buying this cleanser I haven't been using it exclusively. I do only use it as and when I feel my skin needs it. As for when I use it, thats a bit tricky, I mostly leave it for evening use when I know I’m gonna go to bed with a hydrating mask on or better yet a facial oil *yum. That said I do occasionally use it midday (yes you heard me) when I know I’m not going out so I take advantage and give myself a pamper session and start off with Checks and Balances to prep my skin for the homemade spa its about to receive *happy-face 

Another thing I noticed with this cleanser is that it works really well with the Clarasonic, because of its frothy nature it lathers up really well and achieves that perfect cleanse that a muslin cloth might not, just make sure you don’t get it up your nose! Overall I do like this cleanser, its formulated without any nasties i.e parabens, sulphates, mineral oil yadda yadda yadda (click here to see their purity statement) so I feel content knowing I’m putting quality on my face. 

Would I buy it again..... Hmmm thats a good question, not in the immediate future, just because I’m fickle that way *wink and I now have my eye on the Zero Oil cleanser and the Clean Energy both by Origins. That said, would recommend it to somebody looking for that satisfying deep clean with no residue left of the skin type of cleanse? Absolutely!

Ingredient List:

Water (Aqua), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Water (Lavender), Potassium Myristate, Glycerin, Potassium Behenate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Potassium Palmitate, Potassium Lactate, Potassium Stearate, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Oil (Chamomile), Menta Viridis Leaf Oil (Spearmint), Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil (Geranium), Lavandula Hybrida (Lavender) Oil (Lavender), Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Flower Oil (Bergamot), Styrax Benzoin Gum, Linalool, PEG 3 Distearate, Tourmaline, Laminaria Sacchariana (Algae) Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polyquaternium 7, Butylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...