Monday, October 7, 2013

Fall Fuchsia Pouts - High End Edition



*Disclaimer: I will say the word ‘Investment’ a lot throughout this blogpost, this is how I justify expensive price tags to myself. Does anyone else do stuff like that? Let me know in the comments. 

On with the post...

Lets face it, autumn is well and truly here. The days have started to get shorter and the winter coats are back in action. Every year when it comes to this season without fail come the berry/fuchsia lip trend, but hey! You know me, I ain’t fighting anyone on this. It just happens to be my favourite lip combo and I’m often rocking it year round regardless not that theres a rule saying you shouldn’t or lipstick police that go round arresting people that do!

So because I love this trend so much and I know I’m not alone in that respect, I thought I’d do a ‘fall series’ if you will of my favourite berry/fuchsia lipsticks. Kicking things off with my top 5 high-end choices if money was no object, because why not!



YSL ROUGE PUR COUTURE 7 LE FUCHSIA £25.00
This is a classic true Fuchsia lip colour. The blue undertones that make your teeth look whiter are very distinct. The texture of this lipstick is very velvety with a very opaque finish. It doesn't contain any shimmer making it a very intense bold lip, however it’s surprisingly very wearable and would compliment many a skintone. 


URBAN DECAY REVOLUTION LIPSTICK ANARCHY £15.00
This is the cheapest of my top 5, I say cheapest in the loosest sense because at the end of the day they’re still kind of expensive at £15.00. Regardless this is a beautiful lipstick shade and a new release from Urban Decay as they recently repackaged and changed the formula of their lipsticks too. The standout thing with these lipsticks is that the contain loads of nourishing ingredients such as jojoba oil, avocado oil, cocoa butter and shea butter so not only will you have a stunning pout your lips will be moisturised too. 


ROUGE ALLURE VELVET 38 LA FASCINANTE £25.00
Can we just take a moment to admire the packaging. There’s just something about a black and gold lipstick packaging that really gets a girls heart going. Well done Chanel on that front. That said, its what’s on the inside that really matters. This has a velvet finish so it won’t be a drying on the lips as perhaps a matt shade would be, but it will still have excellent lasting power. This is definitely the lightest fuchsia I’ve listed. It looks very warm in the bullet with some aspects of red, but once swatched it has very distinct blue undertones to it. This is one of those lipsticks that would really look good as a statement lip with maybe a cat eye eyeliner, some mascara and a neutral blush. Very simple, elegant and demure. Very Chanel!


This is a dark fuchsia of the lot, it doesn’t look like it in the bullet but its definitely a product that can be built up. I’ve only ever swatched the Clinique Chubby sticks at their counters I’ve never actually purchased any, but If I’m ever gonna take the plunge it will be with a fall shade like this one that can be built up. 


Good old Tom Ford. It’s impossible think high-end lipstick and not have Tom Ford pop to mind. After all they are the definition of premium luxury and the most expensive on my list. This particular shade ‘Violet Fatale’ is mega dark in the bullet, borderline purple (hence the name). However once swatched it gives a beautiful wash of fuchsia that would compliment any skin tone. I will one day invest in a Tom Ford lipstick, thats a promise to myself, but in the mean time I will just lust away. 


So, Do you like fuchsia lip colours? Do you have your eye on any high-end fuchsia lipsticks? Let me know in the comments and keeps your eyes peeled for my Top 5  Budget Autumn Lip Colours coming soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...