Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Monthly Favourites - September 2013

 

Well, what do you know, another month has come and gone! State the obvious, right? It’s true what they say; time goes by quickly when you have things to do and deadlines to meet and my God it’s been a busy month for me and with a lot of shopping involved. (hangs head in shame) So naturally some of those things have made their way into my monthly favourites. 

So without further ado, we’ll get into it...

First up and my favourite purchase of the month. The Nars Fairy’s Kisses Limited Edition Palette. I bought this palette early on in the month after seeing a picture of it on Instagram (of all places). However, after that first photo I struggled to find many more photos, swatches and reviews of this palette. I don’t know why this palette didn’t get as much hype and coverage like pervious Nars Limited Edition palettes did. I remember when the ‘And God Created the Woman’ palette came out, everybody and their mother was raving on about it, but with this palette, not a peep. 

Anyway I digress. The Fairy’s Kisses Palette was love at first sight with me. For the longest time I’ve been on the hunt for a cool toned neutrals palette and finally my prayers have been answered. This palette has 6 ‘cool toned’ neutral shadows with not a single brown shade in sight. I mean don’t get me wrong I love a good brown smokey eye, but when it’s in every eyeshadow palette it get a bit repetitive. I promise to do a full in-depth review on this palette soon. In the mean time all I will say is I have not stopped wearing this palette since the moment I got it. The shadows are creamy well formulated and the packaging is dinky small and the perfect travel size. 

The Caudalie The Des Vignes - Fresh Fragrance. Now this was I repurchase. I bough this fragrance last year and then proceeded to go through it like a hot knife on butter. My justification was that I could get it cheeper here in France than in the UK so I allowed myself to go to town with it. The scent I’ve got is the Musk, Neroli & Ginger which if you get the chance to sniff, I would thoroughly recommend it. It is the definition of freshness. I believe there are 4 scents in this range (but don’t quote me on that) with the newest release being fig scented. 

Next up is the MUA Power Pout in Rendezvous. I think this has featured in a monthly favourite before, I can’t remember for sure. Either way I’ve been wearing it a ton this month and I love it. It’s lightweight on the lips, hydrating and cheep as chips! The only negative I have on this products is it’s extremely creamy formula which means that its goes all melty on the inside very quickly!

Another oldie but goody product I’ve been using a great deal this month is the Maybelline Dream Touch Blush. I have shade Berry which despite it’s name is not a berry shade but rather a very soft baby pink shade that really compliments my pale skin tone and doesn’t  take away from a smokey eye.

A new product I’ve discovered this month is the Biotherm BB cream. I always thought Biotherm was a skincare exclusive brand I had no idea that they’d branched out into BB creams until I was sorting through a collection of sample sachets of different skincare brands that I had and thought to give this a try as had so many sachets of it. Suffice to say this BB cream has replaced all my foundations including the YSL le teint touche eclat that I adore. I will definitely be buying this full-size ASAP. 

Finally The Kerastase Elixir Ultime. Although I used it regularly throughout the month it’s far from being a favourite. To be honest the only thing I don’t like about it is it’s synthetic scent, but in the land when all hair oils do the same thing (excluding organic 100% pure oils obviously) I’m going to go with the better smelling one thank you! So I’m trying to use it up before I can move onto my beloved Moroccan Oil. 


Before I sign out, I do have one non beauty favourite this month. My first ever feature blogpost for Miss Budget Beauty. One of my favourite Bloggers/YouTubers. It was a huge honor and a great milestone for BeautyByWire. If you missed that post and would like to read it click here and with that I leave you.

Let me know in the comments what your favourites were this past month, I’d love to know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...