Friday, October 25, 2013

October Lust - Haves


October is hands down my favourite month. I love the change in weather, the summer heat has dialed down, but its not to cold enough to need a winter coat to go out (at least not here in Paris) the days are still long-ish and the clocks haven't gone back yet, mmmmm perfect! I can’t believe we’re nearing the end of October, like seriously where has this month gone? Maybe because it’s my favourite month it goes by super fast for me. 

Anyway I thought I’ll share with you what I’ve been lusting after this month. The list isn’t massively long nevertheless altogether they will cause a considerable dent in my bank balance so I might have to space out the purchases so as to kid myself that I didn’t spend all that money at once. It’s an effective technique!!!


First up, and with the colder months fast approaching I have semi fallen in love this mink grey jumper from Monsoon, I can’t get it out of my head. At £55 its bordering on the pricy side but the dandelions on the front are très chic and I can see it going with a lot of my winter clothes. 

I’ve been needing a small coil purse for the longest time but I just never seemed to find the perfect one and then the other night I stumbled upon this darling blue one from Rebecca Minkoff on The Little Black Book Of Style a UK seller for Rebecca Minkoff merchandise and it was like fate, especially as I already own a mini M.A.C so it will go perfectly and at £39 it a steal.

The Wayne Goss Make-up brushes have been on my radar for quite sometime now. I’ve heard only songs of praises for these brushes and they’re constantly out of stock, (you know you have a good product when you can’t keep it from flying off the shelves). I don’t care how much they cost, I want them and I will get them. Currently they’re exclusively stocked at Love Make-up and the complete set retails at £140. You just know you have a quality make-up brushes when they’re designed by a make-up artist themselves especially a highly reputable artist such as Wayne Goss. 

Ah! The Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette, I’ve resisted this palette for a year now trying to convince myself that I don’t need another neutrals palette, but in all honesty I’ve recently thrown out/given away a considerable amount of my old make-up that I rarely used so this purchase seems justified. Plus I love this palette, its so small and cute. It’s the perfect travel size and with my Original Naked palette I think I’ll be sorted for neutral eyeshadows. 

Finally and for the Pièce de Résistance, the Dermalogica Sebum Clearing Masque. Oh My God! This is hands down the most phenomenal clay based mask I’ve ever used and I’ve tried many. It’s even better than the Ren Invisible Pores one which I also adore. I recently got my hands on a few sample sachet of this mask and after using it just once saw dramatic results. When I first applied it its stung my face a little (because of its salicylic acid content). It wasn’t an uncomfortable stinging, more of a hmmm... is this working really well? Or is it just not agreeing with my skin? Sort of feeling. However after the mask dried and I washed it off, it was noticeable brighter and my pores were virtually non existent.  This mask retails for a whopping £39.84 but like the Dermalogica motto on their website says ‘This is not a Luxury. This is your skins future’ and I totally agree. 

So there you have it, my October Lust-Haves, I hope you've enjoyed reading it, and let me know in the comments below what you currently have your eyes on and if you’ve tried/have any of the products I’ve mentioned. 

1 comment:

  1. I want out Wayne's eye brushes. He knows what he's doing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...